Friday, December 14, 2012

DM Ideas Intro

I was watching some interesting youtube videos that stated something like only 1 in 5 D&Ders want to DM. This seems odd to me because it was the DMing aspect that finally drew me into D&D. It gives me an easy and fun outlook to share my world(s) and ideas. The best part is that the story is so fluid and wandering that the players have a lot of freedom to choose their own path. This makes telling a story so much easier because it makes it dynamic and adaptable. Rather than typing page after page that someone only sits and reads, instead you craft a living breathing world that they get to wander at will.

To keep this blog humming between game sessions I figured I'd share a handful of DM ideas (probably something like 3-5) each week. This will hopefully keep the imagination primed and ready to toss an adventure onto the table for dice throwing. Maybe it will give my gamers a place to ponder which hook they want to play next.

In the last week alone I came up with 20 something adventure ideas, and that was all without cracking a book or looking up a site for inspiration. I just thought "Hm...What would be fun to run/play?" They range from mundane tasks that go horribly arry, to hard fought battles where the outcome can shift based on players' first decision of who to side with.

We'll call this the DM Ideas Intro.....more to come as I get them drafted.

No comments:

Post a Comment