Thursday, January 31, 2013

Let's Make Some Magic

So our session planned for 1/26 did not in fact occur. Kinda sucks, but I think it's for the best - that was not a particularly good day. We can always go shopping next time. The free mule, Kix, that I was going to gift to the players will just have to wait in the stable.

Anyway, in the meantime I have further developed the magic system in use in the Westerlands. I now know what it is, where it comes from, how it works, who can use it, and a list of spells for varying levels. The actual dicing mechanics of it have yet to be tried, but I'm pretty confident that their ability to work on paper will translate to game play. 

Thank you to Tyler for requesting the magic rules, his interest gave me the motivation to create it. Thank you to Laurie, Megan, Jo, and Melissa for being various versions of spell slingers because they give me a direction/characters to write for. And a big thanks to Nils for sending me the free Tunnels & Trolls PDF that really got my gears turning as to how to create a simple, yet varied magic system.

Much more to come as I get the finishing touches concocted and typed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment